Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day

I celebrated my first official Mother's Day last weekend. It went surprisingly well, considering we have a nine month old with an unpredictable napping schedule! I got a bouquet of flowers and a lovely card, which Ben had Finn sign as well. Apparently, this was a courageous endeavor because Finn started wielding the pen like a spear as soon as he grabbed it. Finn napped beautifully (which is my measure of a good day) and we had a lovely outing to Balboa Park, where we rode on the carousel. I wouldn't say Finn loved it, but he didn't hate it either. It also happened to be the day Norway House was open in the international village. They had good food and music. However, when someone asked his name and we replied "Finnleif" they didn't understand it. If his name isn't recognized at Norway house, what's the point! Clearly we need to move to a place with more Scandinavians.

No comments:

Post a Comment