Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Booger Battles

Finn has developed a constant stuffy nose which is causing us both some distress but has led to some funny incidents....

He gets large mucus blockages at least once a day.  Fortunately he is a very proficient sneezer and can usually work them nearly out of his nose, where I can wipe them up with a tissue (sadly I have not yet mastered the bulb suction technique).

One day he had one booger that was so low it was coming in and out of his nose with each breath, but he was breathing so hard and fast that I couldn't catch it with a tissue, then suddenly he snorted and started coughing and sputtering.  The booger had disappeared.  I think we all know what happened to that one.

One night at about 4 am, he was in distress over a booger that was impeding his breathing and both of our sleep.  I was able to grab it with a tissue and when I pulled it out I tell you the string of snot that followed was so long I would swear it started at his toes.  

Another afternoon I had noticed a booger that was way up high in his nose.  It was bothering him a little bit, but was nowhere near being out of his nose yet.  I figured he would be sneezing that one out for a while.  Later, while I nursed him, I noticed the booger was gone.  Before I could even wonder what happened to it, I looked down at his little hand resting on my shirt and saw it there on his finger.  I guess those little fingers are good for something other than teething chewing after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment